Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ORACLE CARD


Today’s Oracle Deck is Oracle of the Radiant Sun by Caroline Smith and John Astrop. As an astrologer, I adore this deck. I have found it to be uncannily accurate in readings (I know, everyone says that about their favorite deck). Sometimes I draw cards from this deck and just respond to the images on each card, without figuring in the astrological components.

This deck is also a great teaching tool for learning about how the planets and luminaries behave in each sign. The introductory material in the accompanying book covers the planets, houses, and signs. Several spreads are included in the book: The Sun Year, The Horary Reading, the Grand Trine Reading, and the Cardinal Cross Reading.

The card I am writing about today represents the Sun in Sagittarius (my Sun Sign is Sagittarius). The card is titled “Enthusiasm.” In this deck, the Sun (in every sign) represents “Fortune.” Sagittarius represents “Optimism, Adventure.” The image on this card is described as: “A bright intelligent head haloed by the sun sits at the top of a traditional alchemical jar. Within the jar, a figure floats among the stars, sun and moon.”

Before I began to study astrology, I had a really hard time seeing myself in the “Sun in Sagittarius” personality. I still have trouble identifying with some of the characteristics associated with this placement. However, my interest in astrology blossomed once I found out how the rising sign and placement of the Moon and other planets in a birth chart impact an individual. I discovered my rising sign was Virgo, and when I read about that sign’s traits, it was like looking in a mirror.

Meanwhile, I also began to see how certain Sagittarius traits expressed themselves in my personality and approach to life. Although the “energetic and outgoing, with a good sporty sense of fun and adventure” part doesn’t resonate with me, I do identify with the ability to “deal with deeper, more abstract concepts” and the tendency to be blunt or tactless.

The number Nine at the top of this card refers to the Ninth House, the house associated with Sagittarius. This is the house of philosophy, foreign places and travel, higher learning, law, religion, publishing, and sport. The Sun can be said to represent a person’s life-spirit, identity, and manner of self-expression.

I confess that I’m not quite sure why the keyword “Fortune” was chosen for the Sun in this deck (regardless of the sign involved, the Sun always represents “Fortune”). The Moon represents “Security.” Venus represents “Love.” Mars represents “Action.” Jupiter is “Gain.” Saturn is “Ambition.” Those make more sense to me.

In a reading, the Enthusiasm card can express the characteristics of the Sun in Sagittarius and of the Ninth House.

Zanna Starr



In addition to my 60 Tarot decks, I own a great many oracle decks. I love these decks, but don't use them as often as I would like. Every now and then, I am going to share a card from one of these oracle decks here on the blog. I hope people will enjoy seeing cards from various decks and will gain something from the interpretations of the cards!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I loved your post, so much information and as I read it, it brought the card to life for me.

    Thanks for sharing that Zanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have this game and I appreciate it very much
    I totally agree with you on the precision obtained in runs

    I have more difficulty with the cards "scorpio".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna