Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Interview with the Mystic Dreamer Tarot (by Zanna)

For my interview with the Mystic Dreamer Tarot, I decided to develop a different set of questions from those I have used in the past, with other decks. If these questions seem to work well, I will continue to use them in the future. Here is the layout:

....5.....
3.......4
1.......2


The Page of Swords arrived for our interview in the dark of night. She swooped into my chambers, garbed in a long white gown and jade green robe. With her came soft breezes and moonlight, accompanied by a flock of ravens, who lit on the top of my bookcases, television, and furniture. I offered the Page a slice of almond cheesecake, but she declined, stating that such things would cause her to have nightmares.

"Well we certainly don't want the Mystic Dreamer Tarot to turn into the Mystic Nightmare Tarot!" I exclaimed.

The ravens were happy to divide the cheesecake among themselves.

The Page looked as if she might dissolve into thin air at any moment. It was time for my first question.



(1) How would you describe your essence or essential energy?
PAGE OF CUPS

"You should have been able to guess this one," the Page said. "What other card would be better suited to represent the essence of a deck called Mystic Dreamer?" I had to admit I couldn't think of one. "My essence or essential energy is the energy of Water, of the imagination and the subconscious. I am the visions and impressions that come to you as you sleep, revealing your deepest, most secret wishes and fears. I hold up a cup containing a fish and ask you to see it as I do -- as something magical and filled with possibilities. I ask you to fill your heart with the colors of the rainbow, and to listen to the messages of the ravens as they circle in the sky."

Ah yes, the ravens... I hope they aren't going to leave too big a mess in my living room...

Next question!

(2) Which card do you feel reflects my essence or essential energy?
FOUR OF SWORDS

"Really?" I asked. "Why? Because I like to take naps?"

"Well, there is that," she said, "but also, I see you as someone who receives insight through quiet, peaceful reflection or meditation -- someone who needs to allow time for that whenever a situation arises that is potentially stressful or confusing.

In general, I sense that you are 'removed' in many ways, separated from the hustle and bustle that some would call 'life.' You are able to go within yourself, within your own mind any time you need or want to, and this refreshes and energizes you."

(3) What story do you hope to tell me?
TEN OF SWORDS

"I hope to tell you a story of endings and beginnings, of learning to understand when you have taken something as far as you can take it or continued something as long as possible. It is a story of facing reality and letting go, of knowing that hanging on or continuing to pursue a particular path will only bring more pain and sorrow and mental anguish.

This is an important story for you to hear because it has a bearing on so many areas of your life."

(4) What should I not expect from you?
CHARIOT

"Do not expect me to drive your chariot. I will not direct your movements and decisions, nor will I take the reins from your hands. It is you who must master your own horses, bringing them together to work in harmony. It is you who must avoid running over others, trampling them in your eagerness to get where you are going.

I may offer suggestions or insights that can help you, but ultimately it is up to you to be the Charioteer in your own life.

(5) Which card do you feel most closely represents us as a team?
SEVEN OF SWORDS

"As a team, we are inclined to gather many thoughts and ideas, to pick and choose what we will keep, share, or discard. We will keep each other honest and honorable, above any sort of trickery or subterfuge. When we are together, we will need to guard against losing our way in this world, against slipping into the land of dreams too often, for too long."

The ravens had begun to quarrel over who should have the last crumb of cheesecake, so I wrapped up another piece for the Page to take with her. After thanking me graciously, she departed, her robes swirling, and disappeared into the mist.





Credits:
Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Heidi Darras. Published by Llewellyn Worldwide, 2008.
Packaged with The Dreamer's Journal by Barbara Moore.

9 comments:

  1. Zanna!! What a marvelous story you have woven into a gorgeous post!! BTW, the Mystic Dreamer is also a fabulous (and clearly inspirational) Tarot deck!
    Smiles,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! People are telling me blogger won't let them comment on this... so I don't know quite what's going on. I'm glad you were able to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was really well-done! Light-hearted yet right on the money. Thanks for your insight into the 10 of Swords which I've been contemplating for the last few days....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zanna, I love the way you've approached this- really good idea and you've done it beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Deb and Sarah.

    The 10 of Swords usually brings me up short when it appears in a reading. My initial reaction is "uh oh." Then I settle down and try to see if there is something helpful being offered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely deck and what a magical interview! I liked how you weaved into your questions one from the deck to you, it was like the deck was checking you out as you checked it out.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Helen! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Zanna I have that deck and I have'nt done a lot with it but after looking the way that you have dscribed certain cards I am going to start to have a go with them, the thing that pulled me towrd them is the way that the symbles are portrayed are very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Colin! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know this deck better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna