Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week at a Glance: 3 of Cups

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week. I also use this opportunity to become more familiar with decks I don't work with a lot, so you will often see me quoting the creator of the deck or someone who has a closer relationship with the deck than I do at this time.

For the week of June 30, 2013 I am using the Haindl Tarot by Hermann Haindl (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.)

My card is the THREE OF CUPS, reversed.


We can look at the upright 3 of Cups as referring to great (perhaps excessive) feelings, creating intense experiences and reactions (in the Haindl Tarot, the card is titled "Overflowing"). So to my way of thinking, the reversed 3 of Cups is likely to be about containing, subduing, limiting, or controlling emotions rather than allowing them to "overflow." We all know that systematic suppression of feelings is not healthy. However, in some situations, the best thing to do might be to rein in one's emotions in order to behave calmly and rationally.

This week I will try to be aware of what I am doing with strong feelings I may have. Am I repressing them to an unhealthy degree? Do I need to exert more control over the expression of those feelings, at least temporarily, and find other ways to release tension?  What will help me remain stable and balanced in times of emotional stress?

1 comment:

  1. I like your interpretation of this card especially with its image and title. Indeed from the image it does seem there will be a lack of something, maybe the time you need in order to create emotional stability in your life?

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna