Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Another Reading with the Deck of 1000 Spreads

I had so much fun doing a reading with Tierney Sadler's Deck of 1000 Spreads (Llewellyn) _back in March_, I thought I'd do another one.

To refresh your memory, this spread asks us to let Spirit choose the topic via Tierney's deck. First, I removed the green Card of the Day, the green Significator card, and the blue Clarification card from the deck. I then separated the cards into five piles, arranged by color, backsides facing up. I shuffled the first pile (green topic cards), asking Spirit to give me a suitable topic.

The result: HOBBIES AND TALENTS
(Addresses the current state of your creative energies.)


Nice! Most of my time these days is spent in creative pursuits of one kind or another, specifically, writing,  jewelry making, and tarot/astrology.

I am going to go with a 4-card spread, drawing one card from each remaining pile.

From the orange pile I drew PARTNER (Your partner or potential partner and the energies they bring to the topic. Can also indicate the influence they have on you, or vice versa.)

From the blue pile, WHAT IS HIDDEN (A circumstance, helping hand, or consequence that you may be unaware of. May indicate something intentionally going on behind your back.)

From the red pile, ADVICE (Used as an outcome card or elsewhere in a spread, this is the advice you need to follow to solve a challenge or achieve your desired outcome.)

From the purple pile, PAST (Usually placed to the left of the topic card in a spread, this indicates a recent or past situation or state of mind that affects the topic.)

Tierney advises us to switch the order of the cards if we feel they make sense in a different order. I am going to place Partner first, followed by Past, What is Hidden, and Advice. I am arranging the cards thusly:

Topic: Hobbies and Talents

........1.........
....2......3.....
........4.........

(1) Partner
(2) Past
(3) What is Hidden
(4) Advice

This time I am using The Wildwood Tarot by Mark Ryan and John Matthews, illustrated by Will Worthington (Sterling Ethos).


(1) Partner: TWO OF VESSELS (Attraction)
Initial Impressions/Intuition: two forces in balance, intuitive interaction, complementary energies, union, two entities becoming one force
Suit of Vessels: water, emotions, relationships

What a perfect card to see in this position! It is certainly true that my relationship with my partner fosters and supports my creative endeavors. I could not do what I do without him. Our relationship forms a solid foundation from which I can explore, experiment, and experience the satisfaction of allowing my creativity to flourish.

(2) Past: KING OF STONES
Initial Impressions/Intuition: my affinity with and interest in wolves, my book One Wolf Howls, a position of power or authority, strength, wisdom
Suit of Stones: earth, achievement, possessions, security, practical skills

I wrote my first children's book One Wolf Howls following a dream I had back in 2003. Although I had written other books, when One Wolf Howls was published in 2009, it was the first published book that was 100% my idea from start to finish (as opposed to books written "on assignment" for a publisher). For me, it was the first real-world, tangible evidence of my creative spirit.

(3) What is Hidden: KING OF VESSELS
Initial Impressions/Intuition: dignity; ability to fly; comfortable in water, in the air, and on land;
Suit of Vessels: water, emotions, relationships

How appropriate to see the heron here, a creature reputed to be gifted with psychic perception and reflection, and who is said to stand at the gateway between life and death, acting as mediator on the soul's journey to the Celtic underworld and reincarnation. I get a sense that great power and depth are hidden, yet to be explored and expressed in my creative endeavors.

(4) Advice: THE ARCHER (7)

Initial Impressions/Intuition: aiming for or targeting something, strength, determination, taking the initiative, capable, skilled, trained
Element of Air, creative energy and inspiration

Quoting the book that accompanies this deck: "The dawn of a new adventure, folded in the web of universal potential, waits for you to string the bow of your imagination and loose the arrows of creativity. . . Take careful stock of what you want to achieve, why, and how you will go about it. . . It is time to let your soul take flight."

I can't improve on that! Is it a coincidence that my Sun sign is Sagittarius, the Archer? I think not.

Another fabulous reading with the Deck of 1000 Spreads!

4 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna