Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Listen to the Animals: Unicorn

For this Tarot Notes feature, I pull one card each week from a different animal-themed deck to represent an important message from that animal.

If you are interested in finding out who your own Animal Guides are, you can get an Animal Guides Reading through my _Etsy shop_ or my _Web Site_.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/83334186/animal-guides-reading
http://zannastarr.weebly.com/animal-guides.html

This week my deck is one of my oldest and beloved decks, the Beasts of Albion by Miranda Gray (Aquarian). This deck uses ancient British animal guides for self-development.

My card today is the UNICORN.

Beasts of Albion
In the Beasts of Albion deck there are three Kingdoms, each represented by a Spirit Animal. The Unicorn is the Spirit Animal for the Kingdom of Purity. Miranda Gray describes the Unicorn as “a creature of the moon – wise, graceful and beautiful,” representing “purity, chastity and gentleness.”

In legend, the Unicorn becomes meek and gentle in the presence of a maiden, which proved to be a fatal weakness in many cases.

Similarly, the purity and innocence symbolized by the Unicorn can be a strength or a weakness, depending on the situation. The Unicorn also has a wild side that is kept in check but can be released when the creature is threatened.

I have not ever seen a live Unicorn, but I will share a picture I took of a close relative, the horse.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna