Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Aquamarine for March

In honor of the month of March I pulled out my Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals, with instructions and interpretation by Helmut G. Hoffman (AGMüller Urania). As I mentioned in a post last month, I purchased this deck primarily to have a collection of images of gemstones and their meanings so that I could use that information in describing my handmade jewelry (Jewelry by Scotti).

This seems like a good time to take a look at the gemstone associated with March birthdays: aquamarine.

Aquamarine is a blue to green-blue variety of precious beryl. The beryl group of minerals is most famous for emerald, one of the “Precious Four” gems of the world. The name 'Aquamarine' was derived from an old Latin expression which meant 'seawater'. Aquamarine (and other types of beryl) are quite durable and hard.

Helmut G. Hoffmann writes: “Aquamarine gives us peace, sympathy, understanding, making it easier to gain new insights. This stone is intuitively worn during critical phases in life. Its mild blue supports a gentle nature and shows us the way to light and love.”

For this deck, Hoffman has chosen for aquamarine for the Hanged Man card. With the images of several Hanged Man cards from other decks in my mind, I can see how the idea of aquamarine helping us gain new insights applies. The “mild blue” color of aquamarine and the actual name of the stone (aqua + marine) also mesh nicely with the Golden Dawn association for The Hanged Man, which is the element Water. Some systems extend this association to the planet Neptune, modern ruler of the water sign Pisces.

At his best, The Hanged Man offers us a chance to look within ourselves, take a break to contemplate, and gain a new perspective on something. There may be a sacrifice involved, but that could be for the best in the end.

Here is a necklace I designed using aquamarine semi-precious faceted teardrops, rainbow moonstone ovals, and freshwater pearls.


To purchase this necklace, click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Ah Aquamarine is my birthstone and so it was very interesting to read your post Zanna. I've never owned an aquamarine perhaps one day I will. I love your necklace very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty stone, Helen, and seems especially appropriate for a Pisces born in March. Thank you for your compliment on the necklace.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful necklace. Aquamarine was my first gemstone. I had bought it as a remedy against my hay fever. And it worked! That experience was the start of my interest in crystals and gemstones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen. How interesting to hear about your experience with aquamarine!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna