Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Cycle of the Year Reading

One of my Tarot students over at _The Magical Circle School_ used this spread for an assignment, and I realized that I had never done it for myself. With my interest in astrology, I knew I would enjoy the zodiac sign designations for the twelve positions.

The spread is called “The Cycle of the Year – Variation 1” and it can be found in the Complete Book of Tarot Spreads by Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig (Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.) The positional definitions in this spread are based on the Sun Sign “Mottos” used by many astrologers, they are as follows:

  • Aries: I AM
  • Taurus: I HAVE
  • Gemini: I THINK
  • Cancer: I FEEL
  • Leo: I WILL
  • Virgo: I ANALYZE
  • Libra: I BALANCE
  • Scorpio: I DESIRE
  • Sagittarius: I SEE
  • Capricorn: I USE
  • Aquarius: I KNOW
  • Pisces: I BELIEVE

For this reading, I am using the Elemental Tarot with artwork by Marco Turini (Lo Scarabeo) Here is the layout:

Positional Definitions

(1) The Aries in me. What I am and how I am.
(2) The Taurus in me. What I have and how I own it.
(3) The Gemini in me. What I think and how I think.
(4) The Cancer in me. What I feel and how I feel it.
(5) The Leo in me. What I desire and how I choose it.
(6) The Virgo in me. What I analyze and how I resolve it.
(7) The Libra in me. What I balance and how I balance it.
(8) The Scorpio in me. What I demand and how I demand it.
(9) The Sagittarius in me. What I see and how I see it.
(10) The Capricorn in me. What I gain and how I benefit from it.
(11) The Aquarius in me. What I know and how I know it.
(12) The Pisces in me. What I believe and how I believe it.

I shuffled the deck thoroughly, then drew 12 cards in a row right off the top. Here we go!



(1) The Aries in me. What I am and how I am.
JUSTICE (Trump 8) – Very nice. Look at that fiery red dress and confident posture. The woman on this card is quite sure of what she is and how she is. What I am and how I am reflects the Law of Reciprocity – as I give, so I receive, always maintaining a balanced flow of energy. Through my actions, I am in control. This is a very “Aries” attitude, I must say.

(2) The Taurus in me. What I have and how I own it.
SIX OF CHALICES – In this deck, the Six of Chalices is the card of “Experienced Love.” In my past and present (and hopefully future) I do have love (experienced love) and I own it by practicing it and dedicating myself to constant improvement.

(3) The Gemini in me. What I think and how I think.
SEVEN OF PENTACLES – My thoughts and manner of thinking involve a quiet, steady “nurturing” quality that allows me to think carefully and evaluate things without rushing. This card is called “Protecting a seed,” and that is what I do with ideas that come to me.


(4) The Cancer in me. What I feel and how I feel it.
FOUR OF CHALICES – A deeply “feeling” card comes forward in this position, one that is called “Searching love” in this deck. There is indeed always a sense of “searching” for me when it comes to what I feel and how I feel it. It’s a process, a journey, a voyage for me. The woman on this card holds a flame in her hand, and the Little White Book advises, “Trust the fire of your spirit to lead you to the fountain that will fill your heart.”

(5) The Leo in me. What I desire and how I choose it.
THE MAGICIAN (Trump 1) – A very nice “take charge” kind of card that fits well with that Leo energy. I have to quote the LWB again on this one: “The energy of the Universe surrounds you, skills dwell within you. Be bold and use what is available.” No matter what I desire, I can choose to pursue it, knowing that I have what is needed to succeed.

(6) The Virgo in me. What I analyze and how I resolve it.
QUEEN OF PENTACLES – I tend to analyze that which exists in the physical, material world. I resolve such matters by using a practical, down-to-earth approach. I study how something works or why it works the way it does, in an effort to make it work better or to improve my situation (or someone else’s). Interestingly, Virgo is the sign of Health and Service. In this deck, the Queen of Pentacles is not alone. Her companion is there to emphasize the effectiveness of sharing. I think perhaps this references the way I like to exchange ideas and possibilities with other people as part of my analysis and resolution.


(7) The Libra in me. What I balance and how I balance it.
JUDGMENT (Trump 20) – It seems that I balance things based on whether I receive a “clear call from the Universe“ to do so. I seek balance at a higher level, in a broader sense than what many people might consider doing. I use my own judgment to bring things into balance, in a way that makes sense to me.

(8) The Scorpio in me. What I demand and how I demand it.
NINE OF SWORDS – What I demand is wisdom. I want to know and understand the meaning of things, the purpose of things, the whys and wherefores. The LWB for this deck tells me that “Wisdom must be earned. It is a reward, not a right.” I must “demand” wisdom only after  I have earned it.

(9) The Sagittarius in me. What I see and how I see it.
NINE OF WANDS – What I see is that I can only achieve change through perseverance through adversity, by standing firm and staying the course. I see this through the eyes of one who sometimes feels like I stand alone against forces that want to prevent me from achieving my goals or finding what I seek. I cannot relent or retreat, but must keep my eyes focused on the destination I choose.


(10) The Capricorn in me. What I gain and how I benefit from it.
KNIGHT OF CHALICES – The Knight of Chalices indicates that I can gain something that “thrills my heart,” that quenches my thirst and satisfies my emotional hunger. The benefits are obvious. I must make my way through rivers or lake of emotion if I want to gain that precious result.

(11) The Aquarius in me. What I know and how I know it.
THREE OF PENTACLES – What I know is that our spirits need nurturing and care just as the fruit and flowers of the earth require nourishment in order to grow. I know this because three little Earth elementals whispered it in my ear. Or perhaps because I have seen enough of life and the world to know this is so.

(12) The Pisces in me. What I believe and how I believe it.
TWO OF SWORDS – What an interesting image on this card: Two Air elementals hover on either side of a pendulum, possibly to help someone who has a question. What I believe is that we can receive clear guidance from Spirit when we are faced with choices and decisions.

This has been quite enjoyable for me and has given me a lot to think about!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting deck and reading - I expect made even more interesting by your own understanding of astrology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion the game does an excellent outcome calling you is shown in box 1 with what you think, see, justice balancing two plates of the scale, and the air being at the end showing that everything has two sides and it takes take into account. And it seems to me that you have quite aware of it. I will test this game with me. Big kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right! Thank you for stopping and leaving a comment. Let me know how this works for you if you do the reading.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna